What Is a Soup Diet? The Best Soup Diet Recipes
Is it possible to lose weight by eating as much as you want? On the soup diet - definitely yes! Choose one of 5 menu options and lose up to 10 kg in just one week without hunger or exercise!
Nowadays, the number of overweight people exceeds the number of undernourished people. Therefore it is not surprising that, according to statistics from Yandex Market, the number of requests for the word "weight loss" in recent months is 2 million, and for the word "diet" - 3 million.
Since demand is so high, supply is also growing - hundreds of weight-loss diets can be found online: short-term, long-term, safe, risky, multicomponent, and single-product based.
Low-calorie food system on soups experts considers relatively comfortable, as well as safe enough. The soup diet allows you to lose weight noticeably without feeling hungry, without causing harm to the body - unless, of course, you have individual intolerance to the products that are included in the diet. Moderate physical activity is recommended during the diet, but it is better to refrain from power sports.
The basis of these dietary methods, as their name suggests, is a special soup. It can be eaten as soon as the feeling of hunger arises, and the amount of the first dish for one meal is not limited. The main dish should be prepared for one day to preserve the most incredible amount of nutrients.
In addition, the daily menu includes some additional products: these are raw vegetables and fruits, which do not contain a lot of sugar and, therefore, are low in calories. They provide the body with the necessary vitamins and serve as a fiber source, which stimulates digestion. You can also drink water, natural juices, tea, or coffee without sugar.
While following such a diet, the body receives practically no energy sources, so fat reserves start to be actively supplied for "processing." In addition, it takes more calories to digest some plant foods than they bring with them, so weight loss is relatively rapid. Weight loss is guaranteed, even if you do not exercise.
Advantages and disadvantages
The pluses of the "soup" method of weight loss include:
- Fast action. The result of its strict observance for a week is a loss of at least 5 kg of weight and a sound body reaction - up to 8 kg. The weight will be guaranteed to decrease even if you don't exercise.
- Simplicity. The main dish, as a rule, is not complicated in terms of a recipe. In addition, it is prepared for the whole day.
- Easy tolerance. The most challenging thing about following a diet regime is the constant feeling of hunger. In this case, you won't have to go hungry, you can eat "magic soup" as much as you want and when you want.
- Relative harmlessness. A dietary ratio includes products that contain most of the substances necessary for the body's normal functioning. It is more convenient to resort to this weight loss method at the end of winter or early spring when the usual food is deficient in micronutrients.
- A large amount of fluid ensures the cleansing of the intestines from toxins.
- Consumption of a hot dish has a positive effect on the digestive system.
- It should not be used by the elderly, children, or pregnant women. For everyone else, before going on a diet for weight loss, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
- Relative contraindications are some gastrointestinal diseases, severe cardiovascular disease, and renal dysfunction.
- Despite fresh fruits and vegetables in the diet, some micronutrients may be deficient, particularly fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E. This diet is also deficient in complex carbohydrates, proteins, minerals. That is why it is not recommended to use it for a long time.
Allowed and prohibited foods
The menu of the soup diet includes vegetables (except potatoes), fruits (except bananas). And also in small quantities legumes, mushrooms, lean boiled meat, non-fat sour cream, milk, kefir. According to the method of action, they can be conditionally divided into three groups for weight loss.
This group includes foods called "white fat killers. The most potent fat burner is pineapple. This exotic fruit contains the proteolytic enzyme bromelain, which, like stomach pepsins, stimulates the breakdown of fats and accelerates the digestion of proteins.
In second place is the avocado. "The alligator pear is a source of critical fatty acids for metabolism, and avocados also can lower insulin levels, which helps suppress appetite.
These are foods that prevent the formation of fat "depots." These include legumes - peas, soybeans, which contain saponins that can bind cholesterol molecules, not allowing them to be absorbed. Some fruits and vegetables are also on this list.
For example, carrots and apples are rich sources of pectin, and this polysaccharide accelerates the movement of food through the gastrointestinal tract. As a result, fats pass-through "in transit," not having time to be deposited "in reserve.
The value of these products is that they do not contain fat and therefore have a minimum of calories. But they contain a lot of fiber, which speeds up digestion and micronutrients the body needs. This category includes watermelon, melon, apples, leafy salads, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
Foods prohibited during soup diets
The entire 7-day period should be excluded from the diet:
- flour products (even bread);
- animal fats;
- carbonated drinks (they retain fluid in the body);
- alcohol (disrupts metabolic processes).
The daily diet consists of the first meal, which can be eaten 5-7 times a day, and in unlimited quantities and additives, distributed on the days of the week.
Menu for seven days
- Day 1 - main dish, 1.5 kg of raw vegetables;
- Day 2 - main course, 1.5 kg of fruit;
- Day 3 - main course, vegetables, and fruits (total up to 1.5 kg);
- Day 4 - main course, lean boiled meat (beef or chicken) 400-600 grams;
- Day 5 - main course, some unsweetened fruit, a glass of zero-fat kefir;
- Day 6, 7 - main course, 1.5 kg of vegetables in raw form.
Soup recipes for weight loss
Preparing these fasting soups is the same: washed, cut into pieces vegetable products are poured with water and boiled over low heat for about half an hour. The finished dish can be salted, no fat can be added.
Ingredients: 0.5 kg of beets and tops, 200 grams each of tomatoes, carrots, celery root, a small bunch of green onions. For the dressing - greens, skimmed kefir, or yogurt.
Celery "fat-burning" soups
Also called "Bonn's," onion, or cabbage-celery, they are the most popular main course of most soup diets.
Ingredients: a bunch of celery, a small head of cabbage, 5-6 onions, 1-2 bell peppers, a few tomatoes.
Ingredients: a bunch of celery, a bunch of green onions, a head of cabbage, a glass of beans, six pieces of onions and carrots each, two sweet peppers, five tomatoes (you can replace them with a glass of tomato juice).
Ingredients: 300 g of celery root, 0.5 kg of onion, 250 g each of carrots, parsley root, white cabbage, or cauliflower. Boil the vegetable mixture until tender, then mashed potato by adding a glass of tomato juice.
Soups without onions
Some people can't eat cooked onions, but you can make diet soup without onions. Here are some recipes.
Fish broth with vegetables
Ingredients: 300 g of lean fish fillet, 250 g of carrots, the same amount of celery root, one paprika, a couple of garlic cloves, a bunch of herbs, two teaspoons of olive oil. Chop and boil the vegetables, pouring them with 1.5 liters of water. When they are almost ready, add the fish pieces, cook for another 5-10 minutes.
Whisk a glass of kefir, diluting it in half with water. Finely chop 1-2 boiled beets and a couple of fresh cucumbers. Mix everything, salt, sprinkle with dill greens.
Tomato-cucumber puree soup
Grate 0.5 kg of cucumbers, 0.5 kg of tomatoes, chopped one bell pepper. Chop everything with a blender, then pour the celery juice so that it covers the mixture. When serving, you can add garlic or herbs.
Sweet pumpkin soup
400 g of peeled pumpkin, 200 g of apples, dice the same amount of carrots, and bake. Alternatively, do not bake the carrots, but fry them in vegetable oil.
Mix all ingredients, grind with a blender, add cinnamon. Dilute the resulting puree with water to the consistency of thick soup, bring to a boil, simmer for about 10 minutes. When serving, sprinkle with chopped pumpkin seeds.
This dietary method was developed as part of an international program to combat obesity. The Finnish diet is not one of the extreme ones; it involves a full six meals a day, in which the main dish can be eaten in any quantity, and other words can be eaten in quantities limited by the menu.
This dieting system involves a gradual decrease in body weight by excluding foods containing animal fats, sugar, and salt from the diet. The diet menu is scheduled for a week, but it can be used for a more extended period as it provides the body's normal functioning in terms of nutritional balance.
The daily ratio includes foods with low energy value:
- the main dish is a vegetable soup puree;
- oatmeal, buckwheat, and pepper porridge;
- low-fat dairy products;
- lean boiled meat;
- low-fat fish;
- raw vegetables;
- fresh fruit (except bananas).
- Breakfast: Finnish soup or 200-gram portion of milk porridge, unsweetened tea.
- Lunch: mashed soup, apple, a glass of still mineral water.
- Lunch: Finnish soup, grated carrots, 100 grams of lean chicken, fruit juice.
- Afternoon snack: unsweetened fruit salad, non-fat yogurt.
- Dinner: 200 grams of porridge with water, 100 grams of steamed lean meat, tea.
- Before going to bed: a glass of non-fat kefir or mineral water.
Recipe for Finnish puree soup
Ingredients: 250 grams each of white cabbage and cauliflower, parsley root, carrots, celery, 0.5 kg of onion, a head of garlic.
Preparation: chop the washed vegetables, pour cold water, cook for about half an hour. Shred the vegetable mixture with a blender, add finely chopped greens, 1 cup of tomato juice, cook for another 10 minutes.
Dr. Mitchell diet
The method developed by a professional nutritionist for weight loss is based on the principles of a low-calorie diet. In this case, the set of products for the daily diet is comprehensive enough, and they provide the body with all the necessary micronutrients.
The main course of the menu is a rather hearty celery soup cooked in a thin meat broth. The hot liquid dish is good for the stomach - it is quickly digested, improves metabolism, and provides an optimal fluid balance. The main component of "Mitchell's soup" - celery, is a powerful fat burner.
Other dishes are meat from which broth has been cooked and brown rice, vegetable salads, unsweetened fruit, dairy products, and even a small portion of baked potatoes. Therefore, unlike other "soup" methods, the Mitchell diet is easy to follow and disgusting.
Menu for the week
You should eat five meals a day, each time starting with a portion of the first meal. Other foods should be divided throughout the day and consumed as desired. The daily list of these foods must not be substituted or supplemented.
So, each of the five Mitchell meals of the day is a glass of hot first course plus something from that day's list of allowed extras:
- Day 1. 1 kg of fruit, tea, still mineral water.
- Day 2. 1 baked potato, 1 kg of leaf lettuce, or spinach.
- Day 3. 0.5 kg of fruit, 0.5 kg of vegetable salad.
- Day 4. A glass of 1% milk, three bananas.
- Day 5. 0.5 kg of boiled beef, 3 liters of still mineral water.
- Day 6. 300 g of lean cooked meat, 0.5 kg of spinach salad, a teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- Day 7. A glass of cooked brown rice, some fruit.
Mitchell's soup recipe
Ingredients: 0.8 kg of lean beef, 0.5 kg of cabbage and carrots, 200 g of celery root, several large onions, half a cup of beans, 1.3 l of tomato juice.
Preparation: Boil the meat and take it out of the pot. Put into the broth chopped or grated vegetables, cook until tender. Add tomato juice, simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
The Mayo Clinic Methodology
This is a strict low-calorie dietary regimen based on plant foods. The method was created in an American clinic specializing in treating obesity since the middle of the last century. According to testimonials from Hollywood stars, the process has proven to be super effective; it allows you to get rid of 7-10 extra pounds in a week.
The basic dish of this diet is one of the variants of celery soup, which, due to its excellent fat-burning properties and a large amount of rough fiber stimulating digestion, causes rapid weight loss. It would help if you ate it 4-5 times a day, in any quantity.
Other foods on the menu are brown rice, vegetables, fruits, boiled or steamed dishes of lean meat or fish. For the first 3-4 days, you should eat as much of the first meal as possible. In the second half of the week, the emphasis is on additional meals, and then it is recommended to drink at least 2 liters of pure water per day to maintain hydro balance.
Menu for seven days
- Day 1 - a substantial meal, fruit (no more than a kilogram).
- Day 2 - signature soup, fresh or canned vegetables (no more than a kilo).
- Day 3 - low-calorie vegetables and fruits (quantity is not limited).
- Day 4 - a substantial meal, fruit and vegetable salads, two bananas, or a glass of milk.
- Day 5 - celery soup, 300-500 grams of boiled beef, some fresh or canned tomatoes.
- Day 6 - repeat yesterday's menu, replacing the boiled meat with steak.
- Day 7 - soup, a glass of cooked brown rice, 1 liter of fruit juice, some vegetable salad.
Diet soup recipe
Ingredients: a bunch of celery, medium cabbage, six onions, two tomatoes, two bell peppers.
Preparation: wash the prepared raw materials, chop them, put them in a saucepan, add water to cover the vegetable mixture, cook until tender. Do not salt or add spices.
Diet from Catherine Zeta-Jones
It is a soup crash diet that strictly limits the caloric intake and the list of foods allowed. It is very fashionable among screen stars because it is named after Catherine Zeta-Jones, the Oscar, Golden Globe, and BAFTA winner. However, the British actress herself says that she has never used any weight loss soups, and the reason for her slim figure is good genetics, a relatively active lifestyle, and a rationally organized diet.
But anyway, the Zeta-Jones diet exists. It involves eating for seven days mostly liquid soup cooked from a small fork of cabbage, a few onions, and green bell peppers. After cooking this cooking miracle, it is recommended to grind with a blender and dress with tomato sauce to make the dish more edible - you will have to eat it 5-7 times a day.
In addition, the daily menu is proposed to include unsweetened fruit, fresh vegetables (in total up to 1.5 kg per day). Twice a week, you are allowed to eat 400 grams of cooked meat or fish.
How to quit dieting
To maintain the results of the soup diet, there are several options for exiting the restricted diet:
- During the first week, the "soup" breakfast is replaced with a high-protein dish (this may be an omelet with tomatoes and greens or non-fat cottage cheese with fruit). After breakfast, the daily diet of the soup diet remains unchanged. A second meal is added to lunch in the second week - a portion of buckwheat porridge or baked potatoes. From the third week, you can go on a regular diet, but with calorie restriction.
- Each week, the energy value of the daily diet increases by 100-200 kcal.
- From the first day after completing the diet, you can go back to your regular eating habits, but twice a week to conduct a day of unloading on soup.
We advise you to read a structured, detailed review of the weight loss program: 14-Day Soup Diet.