Fitness Diet Plan
Fitness Diet Plan » Healthy Eating » How to Make The Best Detox Smoothies
Back

How to Make The Best Detox Smoothies

Published: 30.10.2021
Reading time: 30 minutes
0
21

Smoothies are an excellent way to increase the number of vegetables, greens, and fruits in your diet.

Detox smoothies will add vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals, help improve digestive function, feel more alert and boost immunity.

Benefits of Detox Smoothies

Proponents of the detox concept argue that the human body is under constant attack by toxins. Improper diet, lack of sleep, lack of physical activity - contribute to the production of these substances and deterioration of the body's performance.

You can find many recipes online, but not all drinks will have a detox effect. The basis of a detox smoothie is fresh, unprocessed herbs, vegetables, and fruits.

Valuable properties of smoothies:

  1. Fruit and vegetable shakes improve the overall condition of the body and energizes it.
  2. Detox drinks are one of the best ways to maintain a healthy acid-base balance.
  3. Green leafy vegetables and plant greens contain chlorophyll, a substance that increases hemoglobin levels in the blood. Chlorophyll improves microflora and has anti-cancer effects. The darker the green hue of the drink, the higher its chlorophyll content.
  4. Due to the high plant fiber content, smoothies are good for digestion and help flush out harmful substances.
  5. Detox smoothies contain low-calorie ingredients so that you can include them in your diet.

Smoothies can replace breakfast or snacks. They can also be used as a substitute for meals during days of dieting.

The right way is not to drink smoothies but to eat them with a small spoon. You can use them for breakfast, instead of dinner or an afternoon snack, in between meals.

Rules for a healthy smoothie

Making a smoothie is quick and easy. It is enough to grind the ingredients with a blender and add a little water or vegetable milk.

What might be included:

  • water (regular drinking water or mineral water);
  • ice - gives thickness;
  • kefir - contains beneficial bacteria for the intestines;
  • sour milk - creates a creamy texture;
  • greek yogurt is a source of protein;
  • plant milk - it has vitamins, minerals, and protein;
  • seeds - contain micronutrients and healthy fats;
  • apricots, dates, berries - give sweetness.

Chia and flax seeds have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body and have omega-3 fatty acids.

You can add avocado to the smoothie. It contains healthy vegetable fats and gives the drink a pleasant consistency.

Cooking tips:

  1. Water or vegetable milk should not be added immediately but gradually. The consistency of the smoothie should be thick but not liquid.
  2. It is better to chop the greens. This will make them easier to chop and faster if you have a hand-held blender rather than a stationary blender.
  3. Do not mix red berries with dark greens, and the drink will turn an unpleasant brown color.
  4. Not only fresh but also frozen fruits and berries can be used for cooking.

It is best to drink the smoothie immediately after making it. The ready drink can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for no longer than a day.

It is better to consume smoothies 20-30 minutes before a meal and 2-3 hours after.

What products should not be used:

  1. Sweet berries hinder the process of fat burning and retain water, so when preparing a detox smoothie, they should be added in the minimum amount.
  2. Milk is a problematic product to digest, combines poorly with any other components, so neither goat, nor cow milk is not recommended to add to smoothies.
  3. Bananas, grapes, and persimmons are high-calorie fruits and retain fluid because of their high sugar content. Caution should be exercised with these foods to avoid gaining extra pounds instead of the detox effect and weight loss.

Spinach-based smoothies should not be consumed daily for a long time because of the oxalic acid they contain.

Apple and orange

  • green apple - 1 pc;
  • orange - 1 pc;
  • banana - 1 pc;
  • water - 150 ml.

Peel the orange and remove the white core, cut into small cubes. Banana and apple should be sliced. Mix all the ingredients and whip with a blender.

Orange and ginger

  • orange - 1 pc;
  • apple -1 piece;
  • crushed ginger - 5 g.

Peel and chop the oranges, grate the ginger. Whip all the components with 250 ml of water until a smooth puree is obtained.

Carrot, apple, beet, ginger

  • beets - 1 pc;
  • apple - 2 pcs;
  • carrot - 1 pc;
  • greens (parsley, chard) - 50 g;
  • grated ginger - 1 tsp;
  • cool water - 100 ml.

All the ingredients must be mixed. The cocktail has a pleasant taste and is rich in pectin, mineral salts, and enzymes. It is a healthy alternative for breakfast or an afternoon snack.

Carrots, beets

  • green apple - 1 pc;
  • carrot - 1 pc;
  • honey - 1 tsp;
  • beets - 1 pc;
  • water - 1 cup.

Apple, carrot, beet should be washed and peeled. Then they should be chopped, placed in the bowl of a blender, and whipped until smooth with the addition of water.

Carrot, apple, celery

  • carrot - 1 pc;
  • celery stalk - 1 pc;
  • red apple - 1 pc;
  • water - 100 ml.

Slice the carrot, apple, and celery. Place all the components in the bowl of a blender and whip until smooth.

Beet and berry smoothie

  • any frozen berries - 1 cup;
  • ½ orange;
  • beets - 1 pc;
  • almond milk or water - 100 ml.

Combine all the ingredients and whip with a blender.

Green Detox Smoothies

These smoothies are based on leafy greens or lettuce. Unlike fruit smoothies, green smoothies contain less sugar, more fiber, and chlorophyll.

What to make a green smoothie with:

  • Leaf lettuce - spinach, arugula, chard, red oakleaf lettuce, Korn.
  • Greens - basil, mint, lemon balm, parsley, arugula, cilantro.
  • Vegetables - cabbage, cucumbers, celery, avocado.
  • Fruit - apple, banana, grapes, kiwi, pear, orange, pineapple.

You can use water or vegetable milk as the base for such a smoothie.

You can add berries, apples, pineapples, or bananas for sweetness. Lemon and ginger will enhance the detox effect. Ginger has an anti-inflammatory effect, and lemon has an alkalizing effect.

Smoothies should be 20-40% fresh herbs and salad leaves, 60% mixed vegetables and fruits.

Banana and spinach smoothie

  • banana - 1 pc;
  • nut milk - 250 ml;
  • fresh spinach - 2 large handfuls.

Slice a banana, beat with vegetable milk, and spinach until smooth.

Smoothie with apple and spinach

  • green apple - 1 pc;
  • a handful of fresh spinach;
  • a handful of parsley;
  • water - 100 ml.

All the ingredients are ground with a blender. If the drink is too thick, you can dilute it with water.

Avocado smoothie

  • spinach (fresh herbs) - 2 large handfuls;
  • kiwi - 1 pc;
  • ½ avocado;
  • ripe pear - 1 pc;
  • water or vegetable milk - 100 ml.

Peel and chop the kiwi, slice the pear, and half the avocado. Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a blender, add water, and whip.

Smoothie with mint and ginger

  • mint - a small handful;
  • parsley - a small bunch;
  • cucumber - 1 pc;
  • ginger - a small piece;
  • juice of ½ lemon;
  • green apple or banana - 1 pc.

Slice an apple or banana. Mix and whip all the ingredients.

Detox smoothie with parsley and pear

  • parsley - a big bunch;
  • pear - 1 pc;
  • mineral water - 100 ml.

To prepare the drink, chop pears and herbs, put them in the bowl of a blender, pour mineral water, and whip until smooth.

Contraindications

Without chewing, the body lacks the signal to produce enzymes. This hurts digestion and absorption of valuable substances. Therefore, it is not recommended to replace food completely with smoothies for a long time.

It is better to consume smoothies regularly during the week instead of one meal or snack. This approach will be healthier and more effective for weight loss than long cleansing courses with detox programs.

Detox smoothies are contraindicated:

  • People are suffering from mental disorders, including severe depression.
  • Patients with chronic gastrointestinal diseases.

Proven recipes combined into a weight loss program with customer reviews - Smoothie Diet Plan for Weight Loss

Memo

  1. The basis of a detox smoothie is fresh, unprocessed herbs, vegetables, and fruits.
  2. A green smoothie should be 20-40% fresh greens and lettuce leaves, 60% a mix of vegetables and fruits.
  3. It is best to drink immediately after cooking.
  4. The right way is not to drink smoothies but to eat them with a small spoon. You can use them for breakfast, instead of dinner or an afternoon snack, in between meals.
  5. The finished drink can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for no longer than a day.
  6. It is better to consume smoothies 20-30 minutes before a meal and 2-3 hours after.

5/5 - (1 vote)
Author:
Jerry M. Vaughan
Share
Related Post
Comments:
No comments yet, but you could be the first!
Name
Please enter your last name and first name
E-mail
No spam, we promise
Message text
By submitting this form, you agree to the political confidentiality and rules of our site.