How to Detox Your Body
Detox is a natural biochemical process of self-cleansing the body from toxic substances and products of metabolism. Almost all of our organs are used for this purpose: skin, kidneys, lungs, gastrointestinal tract, and, especially, the liver.
What is a body detox?
The fashionable term detox is a short form of detoxification responsible for removing harmful and toxic substances from the human body. One of the areas of the beauty industry is dedicated to this procedure.
Cosmetic manufacturers have long adopted the detox effect and produce creams, masks, and other cosmetics that similarly impact the skin. Although to a greater extent, the appearance depends on the internal state of a person. This means that the diet becomes the first step toward cleansing and revitalization for complete body detoxification.
Any diet is a change in the diet for a while. Detox involves returning the body's resources and optimizing the organs involved in the detoxification process. Due to the person's lifestyle and pathologies, they may not perform their functions fully over time. At this time, the load on the gastrointestinal tract, liver, and kidneys is reduced, and the ability of the digestive organs to process nutrients on their own and remove toxins naturally is increased.
As a result, the metabolism comes back to normal. The skin becomes smooth and elastic, acquires its natural color, improves immunity, and improves health, positively affecting mood and performance.
Another positive effect of a fashionable diet is a noticeable weight loss, which is easily explained by the improvement of the digestive system.
To detox your body faster, you can use proven diets and exercise plans, more about that here.
The removal of excess fluid relieves swelling, and the restored metabolism helps better absorption of nutrients. Although to a greater extent, the detox diet aims to remove harmful substances, toxins that do not come out naturally but accumulate in the body, poisoning it and preventing everyday life.
Toxins and their types
Previously, toxins were compounds secreted by microorganisms, plants, and animals that, if released into another organism, would poison it and cause severe illness or death (snake poisons, toxic mammals, and insects)
That is, toxins are any substance that negatively affects our body.
Toxins are not suitable for the body and require extra energy to eliminate. In large quantities, they can even be fatal.
There are several kinds of toxins, which we will now talk about.
Particles of mercury can enter the human body with fish, medicines, and clothing.
Our fatty tissue is like a sponge, and it accumulates vitamins, carcinogens, heavy metals. Later on, it is challenging for the body to get rid of these accumulations.
For example, mercury is eliminated from the body from 15 to 30 years.
- Pathogenic bacteria.
- Metabolites of living toxins.
Xenobiotics are the price we pay for our modern lifestyles and rapid progress.
Inorganic chemical compounds are the most common category of toxins that enter our bodies most often.
They are considered conditionally safe because they are used in products in small amounts. But their cumulative effect is not taken into account.
- Artificial dyes.
- Most E supplements.
- Artificial preservatives.
- Pesticides (Virtually all vegetables, fruits, and grains).
- Nitrates (In many fruits and vegetables).
- Phthalates (found in cosmetics affect reproduction).
- Bisphenol A (used to make plastic, affects the thyroid, increases the risk of tumors. Notice how plastic bottles are labeled BPA-free?)
Toxins of the modern way of life
Tobacco, alcohol, trans fats, excessive consumption of refined sugar.
Everyone knows about the harm of smoking: it is a weakened immune system, and psychological and physiological dependence, and premature aging, and increase the chance of cancer.
Alcohol, fast food, and sugar provoke spikes in insulin, overloading the liver and the body as a whole.
Most medications are toxic in one way or another: paracetamol, omeprazole, and many others.
But there are situations when you cannot do without medication. Do not give up medicines in the name of naturopathy because not everything can be cured by plantain.
Toxins from cooking
- Quick Roasting. The longer you fry it, the more KPG it has, so if you want it fried, fry it fast!
- The best liquids for the marinade are lemon juice, dry wine, vinegar, and broth.
- Bake foods at low temperatures (more extended but healthier). KPIs are formed during heat treatment above 120C (pies and baked apples with AGE foods).AGE foods (Deep Glycosylation End Products).
Toxins in cosmetics
- Sulfates (surfactants).
- In addition, Bithionol, Dihydroxyacetone, Lanolin, Hydroquinone, Propylene glycol, Formaldehyde, Petrolatum.
Toxins in drinking water
- Chlorine. Methods of control - add something sour: vitamin C.
- Bacterial microflora.
There is only one way out - the installation of home water purification systems. You should not use kettle filters because they are a breeding ground for all sorts of critters.
Toxins in the home
Now we live in a plastic world, and plastic is toxic to us. Often we choose building materials and home products based on "cheaper" and "prettier," not "less harmful.
- Plastic windows.
- Synthetic fabrics and more.
- Acrylic bathtubs.
- Plastic containers.
Methods of Fighting:
Gradually exclude everything you can from the apartment. The first thing, of course, is to start in the kitchen. No filter kettles. All kitchen utensils should be wooden or iron, baking forms - glass or silicone, pans - cast iron. Storage jars should be made of glass. In general, the most inert materials are glass, wood, and stone. And it is optimal to replace everything with them gradually.
What is the meaning of body detox?
Body detox is triggered when a person follows a diet with imitation starvation by restricting certain nutrients. You should know what happens to the human body if you refuse to eat for a while:
- At this point, the body is restructured, so it doesn't have to waste its energy processing the food that comes in with enviable consistency but can direct all the energy to its recovery and healing.
- When the flow of food decreases noticeably or stops altogether, the intestines gradually become empty. The process is strictly individual, depends on the rate of metabolism, the possible presence of diseases of the digestive system. Still, eventually, the contents come out, and there are no new arrivals. Intestinal microflora begins to starve, which can not exist without constant nutrition. Most microorganisms die, both the good ones that feed on fiber and the bad ones that live on sugar and yeast. If, however, as part of a comprehensive body detox diet, you introduce large amounts of fiber-rich vegetables into your diet, the good bacteria will survive.
- When you give up high-calorie foods, fat intake decreases dramatically, and the body begins to burn internal stores. And since it is in the fat pantries that toxins and harmful substances are deposited, they go away together with the fat.
In preclinical studies, a dietary restriction has been shown to extend life expectancy and reduce the development of age-related diseases such as diabetes, cancer, neurodegenerative and cardiovascular diseases.
How do you diagnose intoxication?
Classic signs and symptoms of intoxication:
- chronic fatigue;
- the extra kilograms;
- lack of energy;
- mood swings;
- bloating and heaviness in the abdomen;
- skin rashes;
- chronic illnesses;
- deterioration of mental abilities, blurred consciousness;
- feeling unwell when exposed to chemicals;
- intolerance to chemical odors;
- dull headaches;
- swelling and dark circles under the eyes;
- acne, blackheads, eczema;
- chronic joint or muscle pain;
- excessive sweating with an unpleasant odor;
- persistent breath, plaque on the tongue;
- hormonal imbalance, myomas, fibromas, mastopathy.
Detoxification of the liver
Characteristic signs of poor liver function:
- Constant bad breath.
- Yellowing of the skin.
- The appearance of light spots on the nails (not stripes).
- Reddening of the face (alcoholics).
- The appearance of spider veins.
- Reddening of the thumb bed.
- Enlargement of salivary glands.
- Feminization of Men.
- Red dots on the body.
- Yellowing of the tongue on morning examination.
The liver is the main detoxifying organ of our body.
There are two phases of detoxification.
All toxins are fat-soluble substances, so to eliminate them from the body with urine and bile, the liver resorts to the mechanism of hydroxylation (making toxins more water-soluble) and conjugation (combining toxins and some enzymes).
It is essential to understand that regular operation of detox systems is possible only if both phases are functioning!
Phase 1 detoxification ("hydroxylation") involves over 100 enzymes. This group is called cytochrome p-450. Activity varies from person to person, so how well people detoxify depends on genetics, among other things.
During phase 1 of detoxification, the liver produces enormous amounts of free radicals, which are neutralized by glutathione (=when there are large amounts of toxins, the body will have an increased demand for glutathione)
In turn, phase 2 processes also depend on the availability of glutathione so that it will be deficient in the body, and phase 2 can stop.
Why can Phase 1 be "idle"?
- Poor blood flow due to low physical activity and age-related changes.
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies (B2, B3, magnesium, and iron).
- Menopausal ZGT.
- Liver Diseases.
- Alcohol abuse.
What keeps Phase 1 running?
- Antioxidants (vitamins B3, B1, C, E, A, D, Q10 in flaxseed, mushrooms, avocados, nuts, carrots, spinach, citrus fruits, broccoli, yams, and potatoes).
- Nutrients to support glutathione production (N acetylcysteine, alpha-lipoic acid, sulfur in garlic, onions, eggs, bell peppers, and broccoli).
- Sulfur (garlic, onions, eggs, broccoli, white cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts).
- Vitamin C (grapefruit, lemon, berries).
- Cumin and dill seeds.
After the fat-soluble toxin during Phase #1 has been transformed into a water-soluble form, the liver proceeds to Phase #2.
It must quickly neutralize the products of Phase 1, as they have become more reactive than the original toxins and therefore more dangerous, and finally prepare the toxins for elimination with the urine and bile.
With age, the activity of this phase decreases as the liver receives insufficient nutrients.
What keeps Phase 2 running?
- Glucosinolates (help the liver produce detox enzymes) (found in broccoli and cauliflower).
- Glycine and glutamine (root crops and legumes).
- Limonene (found in lemons and citrus fruits).
- D-glucose (found in oranges, apples, grapefruit, and crucifers).
- B12 (found in eggs and goat cheese).
- Sulfur (taurine, cysteine).
- Manganese, Selenium, B12.
- Vitamin C.
- Lipoic acid.
The next organ in the body's detoxification process is the kidneys, which constantly filter the blood. They convert toxins into water-soluble compounds, which are excreted with the urine.
The kidneys perform their detoxification function with the help of nephrons, which consist of a renal calf and a renal tubule. The calf filters the blood to form urine, and the tubules reabsorb whatever the body needs from the filtered blood.
Why don't the kidneys do well in detox? The worst thing that affects their work:
- fatty foods;
- excess protein in the diet;
- extra salt in food;
- black tea and coffee;
- cardiovascular diseases;
- Water with lemon juice.
- Ginger tea.
- Quinoa, millet.
- Cranberries, blueberries.
- Parsley, garlic, turmeric, ginger.
- Clean, non-carbonated water.
- Preventive measures: remove proteins from dinner (in case of hypotension, leave eggs or other light proteins, for example, soft cheese). Add remain (it is a complex of polypeptides with a selective effect on cells of kidney tissues, helps to accelerate recovery of the urinary system function).
Detoxification through the gastrointestinal tract
Our intestines play a huge role in detoxification. Not only does it absorb nutrients from food, but it also removes toxins through the stool.
More than 80% of the immune system cells are located in the intestines.
The intestines, though a vital organ that is securely protected by mucus, can be damaged by large amounts of toxins in food, especially our beneficial microflora suffers from them.
Why might the intestines not be doing their job?
Regular stools are necessary for a perfect detox. If the chairs stand in the intestines for too long (constipation), toxins can be reabsorbed and get back into the bloodstream.
It is ideal to aim for a daily stool.
Preventive measures: restoring microflora, eating adequate amounts of fiber, drinking clean water.
What is the detox protocol?
We cannot live in a sterile world, fenced off from everything outside. Even if you live in a remote village in remote Siberia, xenobiotics will still be found in the air, soil, or water. For example, a dangerous pesticide such as 1,1-Di(4-chlorophenyl)-2,2,2-trichloroethane (DDT), banned in many countries, has been found in the Antarctic even though it has never been used there.
Detox aims to minimize our body's exposure to toxins through a special hypoxic diet and eliminate the most toxic items and substances.
The duration of any protocol is individual, but the minimum period is about a month, but it can be extended if desired.
The main goal of the detox program is to balance the biochemical processes of the body, improve the state of the intestinal microflora and eat foods that support detoxification. This is achieved by minimizing the load on the detox organs.
Approximate scheme of the detox protocol:
- A gradual introduction of large amounts of fiber and water into the diet (one week).
- The gradual elimination of products from the banned list from the diet (one week).
- Supplementation to support detoxification and gastrointestinal cleansing.
- The administration of probiotics.
- Introduction of the complete protocol (at least three weeks).
- Exit the program.
What you can eat when detoxing the body, and what not
A list of required products:
- Cruciferous vegetables and foods were rich in sulfur.
- Antioxidants and phytochemicals.
- Vitamins C and E (from greens and vegetables) help eliminate heavy metals from the body more effectively.
- Cilantro (coriander).
What can I eat?
- Legumes (lentils, beans, peas, chickpeas).
- White meat, white fish (chicken breast, turkey, white sea fish, salmon).
- Coconut and almond milk.
- Cereals (gluten-free) - oats and millet (millet), brown, wild, red, etc., rice, buckwheat, quinoa, amaranth.
- Soft cheeses made of goat or sheep milk.
- Nuts and seeds (raw/dried pumpkin and sunflower seeds, sesame, walnuts, pine nuts, almonds).
- Spices and spices (dill, parsley, cilantro, mint, basil, turmeric, peppers, ginger, cinnamon, cumin, garlic).
- Herbal teas (melissa, chamomile, ginger, mint).
- Fruit with a low glycemic index (up to 50).
What is NOT?
- Milk and dairy products are made from cow's milk.
- Soy products (including tofu and soy milk).
- Sugar (all types of sugar, sweet syrups, topinambur, agave, honey).
- Salt (in large quantities).
- Fruit with a very high glycemic index and dried fruit.
During this period, it is fundamental to read all the labels, at a minimum, buy ready-made and packaged products, because now in the composition can be found entirely out of the ordinary things.
Dietary supplements, prebiotics, and magnesium in body detoxification
Any nutritional supplements are also inherently toxic to our body, so it's ideal to cancel all medications taken "for prevention" for the duration of the detox program. This includes vitamin D, omega, and the entire base!
If possible, it is optimal to stop taking any drugs at all for the duration of the program!
Probiotics restore the microflora of the gut. They are responsible for:
- increasing the secretion of digestive juices;
- decreased acidity of the chyme;
- improvement of calcium and iron absorption;
- regulation of peristalsis;
- decrease in pH.
Natural probiotics are all fermented foods: sauerkraut (strictly without vinegar and sugar!), kefir, yogurt, kimchi, kombucha.
Pharmacy option: tank set forte. Iherb: GardenofLife.
Magnesium is needed in citrate (with a laxative effect), 400 mg, and taken before bedtime.
Or the Mag07 supplement, which helps cleanse the body and produces the growth of beneficial bacteria.
Gradual entry into a detoxification program
During the detox, you need to increase fiber significantly, so green smoothies come to the rescue.
The optimal time of their consumption is the first meal (instead of or before breakfast), so the body gets a hefty dose of vitamins. Secondly, fiber absorbs all the excess that did not come out with the urine, and thirdly, it promotes defecation, which is the main thing in a detox program.
Green smoothies are pure fiber.
- 1/2-1 cup water.
- One hundred grams of spinach (or other greens).
- One pear.
- 1/2 apples.
- 15 pcs of almonds (soak overnight).
- 1-2 cm of peeled ginger root.
- 2 Tbsp. Ground flax seeds/chia seeds (soak overnight).
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice.
- A pinch of turmeric.
As with the anti-candida protocol, the client must enter detox smoothly.
For the 1st week, it is recommended to give him a smoothie.
In week 2, it is recommended that:
- Gradually reduce the amount of coffee per day, replacing it with herbal tea.
- Gradually reduce the consumption of industrial food.
- Gradually reduce the use of alcohol.
- Eat a warm vegetable salad every day.
- Replace refined sugar with stevia leaves (leaves, not stevioside pills or powder)!
- Replace red meat with white meat, fish.
- Replace hard cheeses with soft cheeses.
Supporting the body in detoxification
Physical exercise and an active lifestyle.
During detox, it is necessary to move actively, the best - it is fast walks in the fresh air, in addition to this suit swimming, yoga, Pilates, not active group classes).
During the detox, it is worth refusing to use "drugs" that do not cure but rather relieve symptoms, reduce the use of antiperspirants.
A visit to a sweat bath or a bath once a week with magnesium salt would be ideal.
- The patient should get 7-8 hours of sleep, or even more.
- It is necessary to observe circadian rhythms of hormones, go to bed no later than 10-11 pm, and get up in the morning at the peak of cortisol around 7 am.
- Do not pick up the phone an hour and a half before sleep and immediately after waking up. At home, provide all conditions for the secretion of melatonin.
- To improve sleep at night, you should drink relaxing herbal teas.
- Be sure to ventilate the bedroom (and preferably the entire apartment), and you can also sleep with the window open.
Side effects of detox
The patient may have rashes and eczema, headache, loss of energy, constipation or diarrhea, bloating, or mood swings. There should be no acute gastrointestinal illness or fever. Otherwise, you should see a doctor.
It is a natural reaction to the withdrawal of toxins and refined foods + withdrawal syndrome after giving up caffeine.
You should not break the diet, as this will only make it worse.
There are a few recommendations:
- Drink more to get the toxins out of the blood faster.
- If you have a headache, you can use the balm "star" (anoint your temples).
- Soak a cotton swab in valerian and insert it alternately into one and the other nostril.
- If the headache is intolerable - take a single high dose of magnesium (800-1000 mg). Pharmacy options are magnesium B6 forte or magnesium chelate from Evalar.
- Increase the number of herbal teas: dandelion root, burdock root, nettle, milk thistle.
- Help detoxify with alternative methods: bath, lymph drainage massage with a dry brush, exercise, contrast shower.
- Magnesium baths (English salt, magnesium flakes) ease the symptoms.
- Sleep is therapeutic in this situation, so you need at least 8 hours of sleep.
Menu for the day
We will give you a one-day menu from our author's detox program so that you understand that you can eat well, delicious and varied meals on the protocol.
It is challenging to introduce many new rules and habits at once, so you can start with five meals a day (which everyone got used to thanks to the mass spread of PP) and then gradually reduce it to three times.
- Colored smoothie.
- 1/2 - 1 glass of water.
- One hundred grams of spinach (or other greens).
- 80 gr. Frozen berries.
- One cucumber (celery stick).
- 1 Kiwi.
- 1/2 ripe avocados.
- 1/2 pears.
- 2 Tbsp. Ground flax seeds/chia seeds (soak overnight).
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice.
- A pinch of cinnamon.
- Steamed vegetables (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, bell peppers) + Brazil nuts - 3 pcs.
Lunch: Mediterranean salad.
Ingredients (for three servings):
- Black beans - 100 gr. (1.5 cups).
- Cilantro - bunch.
- Garlic - ahead.
- Green onions - 3 peppercorns.
- Red bell pepper - 1 pc.
- Red onion - 1/2 pcs.
- Lemon juice - 3 tbsp.
- Quinoa - 75 gr. (1 cup).
- Cayenne pepper - pinch.
- Salt - 1 tsp. Cumin - 1 tsp.
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 tsp. Olive oil - 1 tsp.
Soak the beans and quinoa overnight. While they are boiling, in a bowl, mix the oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, crushed garlic, cayenne pepper, cumin, and salt. Finely chop the herbs. When quinoa is ready, rinse it thoroughly, put it in a salad bowl, pour the sauce into it and mix thoroughly. Then add chopped peppers and onions, cook the beans and herbs. And stir again.
Afternoon snack: Avocado pudding.
- Avocado - 1/2 pcs.
- Berries - 150 gr.
- Natural cocoa (no sugar, etc.) - 1 tbsp.
- Water - by eye.
Mix everything in a blender until smooth.
Dinner: Broccoli and zucchini soup.
- Broccoli - 300 gr.
- Zucchini - 300 gr.
- Leeks - 200 gr.
- Greens - to taste.
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp.
- Pumpkin seeds - 1 tbsp. Per serving.
- Coconut cream - 1 tbsp. per serving (optional).
Place the vegetables in a saucepan, fill with water for about 3⁄4 cup and leave to simmer until half cooked. In about 15-20 minutes, the vegetables will be ready. Season with salt and pepper, add oil, and chop with a blender until puréed (it is better to wait until cool). When serving, add the seeds and cream.
- Smoothies on an empty stomach are contraindicated for peptic ulcer, acute gastritis, polyps and erosions in the stomach, and kidney problems.
- The program itself is contraindicated for any autoimmune diseases.
- In the presence of chronic cholecystitis, inflammation of the gallbladder can worsen.
Completing the detox program
To understand how to detox your body at home, you should remember that its duration should be no less than one day and no more than 21. It all depends on your condition.
If this diet gives you vigor and strength, you can safely continue. On the other hand, if you have had headaches or different unpleasant feelings that persist for more than 3-5 days, it is better to stop the procedure and return to it after some time, using a more gentle program.
Preparation is required not only before the start of the detox diet but also after its completion. On this subject, you can give detailed recommendations in a separate article. But in short, when leaving the detox diet, do the following: keep in your diet foods rich in fiber (vegetables) to maintain a healthy microflora of the intestine.
At least for a week or a little longer, but try not to eat bread, baked goods, sweets, cereals, and alcohol. Otherwise, why did you limit yourself so that you could return to your previous state at once? The goal of detox is to cleanse the body, restore and improve intestinal microflora.
If you have completed one of the programs, start adding other types of foods gradually, in small portions, when you leave the program. What takes a long time to digest, such as raw vegetables, nuts, meat, legumes, put aside for later. If your detox program was built on vegetable broths, it is better to start with those vegetables you made broth.
On the first day for breakfast, eat 30 grams of hard cheese, and then within three days, do not eat any other dairy products, and closely monitor your condition.
Any gastrointestinal problems (bloating, constipation, diarrhea, pain, flatulence, etc.), runny nose, conjunctivitis, headache, fever, acne - any change in your condition indicates lactose intolerance.
Nothing can be a match! If you get a runny nose on the third day after cheese.
- If you reacted on the first day, eliminate dairy from your life forever. I'm sorry, but it's poison to you.
- If the reaction was on the second day, very occasionally, you could eat butter or cottage cheese (although it is better not to risk it).
- If there was a reaction on the third day, infrequent consumption of dairy is acceptable, but, again, you know it's poison.
- On the fourth day, we introduce gluten and check the reaction according to the same scheme.
Nine golden rules of detoxification
Here are the most basic rules for detox at home:
- Despite the apparent usefulness of the detox diet, your body will find it a shock. So prepare for the cleanse in advance. At least two weeks before the intended start, gradually reduce the amount of fried, floury, spicy, and salty foods in your diet, give up morning coffee and alcohol. Food intake - strictly by the hour, have dinner no later than three hours before bedtime (however, if you want to eat a lot - eat peanuts soaked in water for 12 hours). When less than a week before your appointed day, reduce your meat and fish consumption, replacing them with vegetables, legumes, porridges, and dairy products. The absence of chocolate dessert on the table will successfully make up for the detox smoothie of fresh fruit with probiotics to keep the intestines working.
- From the first day of the diet, make a daily habit of drinking a glass of warm water with a slice of lemon on an empty stomach. Such a morning "shake" will help the digestive system start working and start toxins withdrawal.
- Plan to start your detox diet at a relatively quiet time in your life. During a session, in a hectic time at work, in preparation for a wedding reception or a trip to a resort, it is tough to follow all the recommendations. When restricting food, adequate rest is a must. Therefore, try to sleep at least eight hours a night.
- It is necessary to carry out a comprehensive detox of the body, combining the diet with other methods. For example, massage, wraps, sauna, and other spa treatments these days will enhance the effect of cleansing. Light physical activity in the form of walking, cycling, or swimming will also help.
- Do not forget that starvation and detox diet are different processes. You should not feel discomfort and physical anguish while cleansing your body of toxins. The menu and schedule of meals are planned.
- It is essential to drink more water. This stimulates the kidneys and speeds up the process of eliminating toxins. The obligatory two liters of fluids to drink daily can include herbal teas, detox juices, smoothies, and cocktails in addition to water.
- You don't want to test yourself and do a long cleansing right away. Start with a three-day course. After a month, move on to the detoxification of the body at home in a week. If there are no health complications, you can try a 10-day cleanse, although it is quite a severe test.
- In any case, a detox diet is acceptable no more than once a month.
- If you are going to cleanse your body of toxins, first consult your doctor. In the presence of certain chronic diseases, acute inflammatory processes, and infections detox diet is contraindicated. The detox diet is strictly prohibited for pregnant and lactating women and low blood sugar.
What results can be achieved
A special diet relieves the digestive and urinary systems. The work of the gastrointestinal tract is improved, the metabolism is normalized. The excess weight goes away, and a person begins to look and feel much better, more comfortable.
A balanced diet benefits the gastrointestinal tract, strengthens the immune system, the skin becomes smooth, elastic, hair becomes silky and shiny, nails stop breaking, respectively, improving the appearance. Kidneys work actively, removing excess fluid in time, so edema goes away, relief comes. A person begins to feel a rush of strength and energy. They feel great, and their capacity for work increases.